Through all phases of creative development, the Project Manager will ensure projects meet the highest level of quality, follow assigned deadlines and stay within budget. He or she will serve as the liaison between Creative and the Account and Media team on all matters relating to budgets and schedules. This person will report to the Creative Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Oversee project plans for all marketing activities and initiatives for the Creative team.
- Lead day-to-day management and optimization of projects with agency project management software.
- Work with Creative Director to develop budgets and estimates for all creative assignments and track actual vs. estimated hours throughout the process.
- Set project milestones and timelines.
- Manage the production work of the Creative team, keeping them on task, realigning work to meet priorities and scheduling needs.
- Organize and set clear expectations for all project tasks and deliverables.
- Work with Creative Director to forecast workflow and ensure appropriate utilization of staff and freelancers.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for production vendors, maintain relationships and negotiates fees. Confirm availability of vendor and escalate risk to Creative Director for sourcing new vendors as necessary.
- Proactively seek out new vendors for both improved quality and greater value.
- Conduct and lead status meetings regularly with internal teams, ensure thorough communication with all stakeholders at all stages of every project.
- Proofread and review all creative to ensure 100% production-ready files. If necessary, communicate with vendors to ensure production requirements are met.
- Be passionate about delivering the best creative, but find ways of producing it that it does not jeopardize schedule and budget.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of hands-on project management experience
- Advertising/Marketing agency experience preferred
- Production management experience a plus
- Experience with Clients & Profits (PM tool) a plus
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and capable of self-managing and multi-tasking
- Excellent problem-solving skills, stress-tolerant, quick thinking and accurate
- Strong interpersonal communication skills as a team leader and team player
- Flexibility, initiative, dedication, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
Contact us at email@example.com.
Growing Raleigh, NC agency is seeking an experienced Account Manager to help lead the charge in making extraordinary things happen for our clients, their customers and our people. A clear vision of and commitment to quality, innovative solutions that deliver results is essential.
The Account Manager will serve as a strategic point of contact for assigned agency clients. This position will have cross-functional responsibility to simultaneously:
- Serve client needs
- Provide meaningful strategic insight
- Assure quality of work
- Manage execution of campaigns
- Ensure revenue, income and client retention goals are achieved
- Manage assigned agency clients and the associated account team members.
- Build and manage strong client relationships – ensure account retention and oversee resolution of all client issues.
- Develop, manage, coach and encourage development of account executives and coordinators.
- Direct and facilitate resources on cross-functional teams to ensure timely execution of strategies and campaigns.
- Analyze/understand campaign trends and growth opportunities and leverage results to increase quality and profitability.
- Participate in new business development under the direction of agency leadership.
- Superior verbal and written communicator.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Guides client meetings with insights and engaging questions.
- Provides strategic thinking and planning.
- Demonstrates creativity, especially in strategic solutions.
- Successfully manages relationships with clients and oversees work of team members.
- Thoroughly understands the creative development process. A master at managing expectations of clients and agency.
- Project planning and organizational skills including appropriating resources.
- Manages account profitability.
- Good negotiator with clients for fees, scope of work.
- Maintains customer satisfaction.
- Anticipates and resolves client problems.
- Functions as a leader on the front lines. Comfortable engaging with the client at appropriate level.
- Maintains understanding of and insight into client’s business.
- Champions agency culture and organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing or related field.
- Agency experience in an account management role.
- Proven track record of successful client growth and development.
- Knowledge of media and creative planning and execution processes.
- Commitment to superb client service.
If you’re a proactive catalyst for change looking for a new opportunity, we should talk. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account Management Intern
MSA is seeking a highly motivated intern to gain professional experience with our account management team.
You will work directly with the accounts team on a variety of tasks and projects related to the marketing industry. This internship is a great opportunity to get hands on experience in a fast-paced, agency setting.
Interns will support colleagues on a variety of account services, creative and media projects. You must be able to work effectively within different departments —with a “can-do” attitude— in completing an assortment of tasks, while learning a variety of new skills.
Interested candidates should possess strong time management and organizational skills, be excellent verbal and written communicators, and have the ability to interact professionally in a professional business environment. These skills are required in order to manage the workflow of an agency environment where priorities change and adapt very quickly.
- Conduct industry research
- Write and edit content for various marketing collateral including, but not limited to, press releases and presentation materials
- Contribute to internal brainstorming sessions
- Assist in the management of company digital presence
- Enrolled in or graduated from an undergraduate degree program or greater in journalism, public relations, marketing, strategic communications or related field
- Superior written and oral communications skills, strong organizational skills
- Earn college credit (if applicable)
- Learn professional communication, public relations, and marketing skills
- Build valuable work experience in marketing and communication
- Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of internship
- Opportunity for future employment with MSA
This internship is an unpaid position.
If you’re interested in an internship where you’ll grow, be challenged, and gain experience, send your resume and any relevant writing samples to
We’re looking for talented and conscientious freelance designers/art directors to help us with an increasing volume of design/production work. If you’re highly motivated, have an eye for detail, solid design skills, and a desire to grow your portfolio and skills, give us a shout.
Contact David Watts.